Sunday, October 28, 2012

1776- David McCullough

That's right, I finally finished it!  I actually finished it a week or so ago, but I've been insanely busy so I'm just now getting around to writing this.

The book has 294 pages, plus an additional 90 pages of notes and documentation and all that jazz.  And there are pictures too :)



I feel like summarizing the book is kind of pointless, since everyone studied the Revolution and events of 1776.  The book does go into greater detail about certain battles, and you get to read some events that happened in Britain, which you don't get to study in as great of detail in US History classes.

The reason it took me so long to finish this wasn't because it wasn't good.  It actually was  really really good. It definitely wasn't like reading a history book that's for sure.  Like I said you get to read about what was going on in England and how the British felt about different battles that were fought.  David McCullough also uses personal accounts to tell the story, which I love.

I really enjoyed this book.  It took me a while to read, but that's just because I'm a big ball of laziness once I get home.  I do recommend this book to anyone who wants to know a little bit more about the first year of the Revolution.

I will be posting a few more posts in the next few days or so.  I've been slacking with the posting lately, so I need to play catch up.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment