Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Safe Haven- Nicholas Sparks

Yes Yes, I have been slacking hard core here.  But I HAVE been reading I promise.


I read Safe Haven probably a month or so ago, so I might be a little hazy on the details.  Basically, in this book, Katie shows up in North Carolina.  She doesn't associate with too many people outside of her job as a waitress at a local restaurant.  She starts renting a house.  When the house next door gets rented out by someone named Jo, Katie and her become friends.  Katie then starts hanging out with Alex, a local store owner and widower,and his 2 kids.  Eventually Katie and Alex start dating. Alex can tell that Katie is hiding a huge secret from him, and suspects that he knows what it is.  Having a military background and experience in dealing with domestic violence, he suspects that Katie has left a significant other.

Alex's suspicions are confirmed as Katie reveals that she has indeed left her husband and changed her identity.  Throughout the book, you get to read about her husband's view on things, and his search to find Katie. Eventually, you find out who Jo really is, if Katie's husband finds her, and what Katie's future with Alex is like.

I really enjoyed this novel, as I do most Nicholas Sparks books.  The book had what I consider a typical Nicholas Sparks ending.  If you've read any of his other books, or seen any movies based on his books, you know what I'm talking about.  It is a good ending, just not necessarily what you might expect.

This book is actually being made into a movie, due to come out next year.  I can tell that there are some changes made, but it looks like it will stay pretty true to the book.  Check out the preview:


No comments:

Post a Comment