Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I Finished the Hannah Swenson Series :)

Yup, that's right. As far as I know, I have read the rest of the series. Or at least everything that is written so far.  I think that means I technically have 4 or 5 books I should summarize here, but I will spare you that.

As you know if you have followed the blog, I REALLY like this series. So the last few books are no different. Although she did start including meals in her recipes instead of just desserts.  Other than that, the story line just progresses.  Hannah discovers that her feelings for Norman are possibly stronger than her feelings for Mike.  Norman throws a wrench into things by bringing a new lady into his life. Andrea gets worried that her husband might be moving the family away from Lake Eden.  Lisa and Herb bring some additions into their little family. And Hannah's mom Delores ventures out into the wonderful world of dating.

As always, there are murders in every book (or they wouldn't be called Apple Turnover MURDER, Plum Pudding MURDER, etc.).  Hannah isn't the only one discovering bodies. She lets Delores and her other sister, Michelle, join in on that fun.  Hannah and her clan are still solving the murders before Mike the detective can get around to it.  I do like that in a lot of these later books, more than one mystery is solved when the murder is solved.  The murders are starting to tie in to the actual story line now, which makes things more interesting.

I LOVE these books.  They aren't inappropriate in any major way, but they keep me entertained.  I have said it before and I'll say it again, I recommend these to ANYONE.  So seriously, if you are looking for a good read, go to the library and check out the first book (which is called Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder) right now!  You will get hooked!


No comments:

Post a Comment