Wednesday, November 14, 2012

One For the Money- Janet Evanovich

I moved on to a new mystery series. . . The Stephanie Plum novels.  I don't know if they qualify as a mystery exactly, but oh well.



I read this book in one afternoon, so I guess you could say that I enjoyed it.  I am still trying to decide if I want to continue the series, but the first book was good, so I don't see why I wouldn't.

In this book, Stephanie Plum is a Jersey girl who loses her job selling Lingerie.  She goes to her cousin Vinny's bail bond place to see if he has any work for her.  The only job available is a bounty hunter job.  The person she has to bring in: Joe Morelli, a local boy, former cop who is charged with murder.  Not only is Joe a local boy, he happens to be an old flame of Stephanie's.  The rest of the novel follows Stephanie trying to capture Joe, and failing several times.  In fact, she actually runs into him on a number of occasions, but he always manages to escape.  Stephanie has to learn the bounty hunter tricks while trying to find a cop who knows all the tricks in the book.  Eventually, Joe comes to Stephanie, offering to go in with her and allow her to collect on him if she first helps him find a witness that can prove his innocence.  The book was really good, I will admit.  It was a lot more risque than the Hannah Swenson series, but I really enjoyed it.  It's not too often that I sit down, start a book, and then finish it just a few hours later.

Apparently this book was made into a movie. I'm glad I didn't know this until after reading the book. I always prefer to read the book before I see the movie. I don't know why that is, i just do. The movie looks like it follows the book pretty well.  I just watched the trailer for it on youtube and found myself laughing out loud (good thing no one is home to hear me laughing like a crazy person).  It looks like it was a good movie. Maybe I'll check it out.  Here's the trailer:


No comments:

Post a Comment